Welcome to the 1st Translational Research Conference on
BONE MARROW FAILURE DISORDERS:
from the cell to the cure of the disease
Live Conference: November 13 – 15, 2020
On Demand Conference: November 4-25, 2020
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
Do not miss this opportunity to share science and education in the field of Bone Marrow Failure Disorders, and to interact live with global experts directly from your home or office! Registration is offered at a very low cost as a gesture of friendship and solidarity during this challenging year.
This programme is brought to you by the European School of Haematology (ESH) in scientific partnership with the Severe Aplastic Anaemia Working Party of the European Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT).
An outstanding faculty of distinguished global experts will present the most recent advances in the field of inherited and acquired bone marrow failure disorders, from pathophysiology to diagnosis and therapy, including current challenges and new perspectives.
The plenary E-Conference programme is designed to include leading-edge basic and clinical research. The presentation of unpublished data is encouraged and emphasis is placed on opportunities for the live scientific discussion and interaction we have all missed so cruelly during this challenging year. Prepare your questions and share in the discussions!
Register to gain full access to the meeting’s scientific content:
- Join the live programme to view the talks according to the Central European Time (CET) schedule and participate live in the panel discussions, Question & Answer periods and Mentored Poster Walk.
See the PDF Live Programme here.
- Also go to the recorded Programme on Demand to view the sessions you may have missed and to revisit those you enjoyed the most. The pre-recorded lectures will be available “on demand” as of November 4, 2020. The meeting’s full programme, enriched by the many live elements recorded real time, will remain accessible to registered participants for 10 days after the meeting is over.
See the PDF Programme on Demand here.
- Register for the live Meet the Expert sessions and take the opportunity to receive personal guidance from global experts. Come prepared to turn on your webcam and microphone and to ask questions. Space is limited and pre-registration is required. Please note that Meet the Expert sessions do not include a presentation by the session Leaders. They are designed to answer your questions and to provide expert guidance on specific questions. They are open to academic biologists and clinicians only. If you register for one of the sessions you will be expected to come prepared to ask at least one question. Webcam is compulsory.
Each Meet the Expert session will be organized for a maximum of 25-30 people (extra fee of 20€ per session).
- View the ePosters and join the interactive Mentored Poster Walk.
- Read the Conference eBook.
- Earn EBAH Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits for the time you spend furthering your knowledge and skills.
And you will:
- Visit the virtual exhibition hall.
- Attend the satellite symposia.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
The E-Conference programme will address:
- Stem cell biology: From stress to failure
- Constitutional marrow failure 1: Fanconi Anaemia
- Constitutional marrow failure 2: Ribosome diseases
- Constitutional marrow failure 3: Telomere biology diseases
- Immune aplastic anaemia and Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria 1: Pathophysiology and diagnosis
- Idiopathic aplastic anaemia and Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria 2: Differential diagnosis and clonal evolution
- Treatment of immune aplastic anaemia
- Treatment of Paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria
- Emerging areas and new challenges
- improve understanding of the stem cell biology of Bone Marrow Failures, from genotoxic stress, inflammaging to failure;
- acquire knowledge of recent advances in Fanconi Anaemia, Ribosome diseases and Telomeropathy;
- gain insight into novel therapeutics of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria and idiopathic Aplastic Anaemia, including knowledge of complement cascade, the current developmental status of various targeted drugs and of novel antibody-based and small molecule-based immunotherapeutic approaches, and their promise for future clinical application;
- acquire an overview of emerging approaches and new challenges such as genetic editing of haemopoietic stem cells, single cell RNA sequencing in haemopoiesis and genetic predisposition for myeloid malignancies.
Registration is open to healthcare professionals worldwide. The registration fee has been reduced as a gesture of solidarity during these difficult times:
– Fully trained (MD, PhD, MD-PhD): 80€
– In-training: 50€ (proof of your in-training status required)
– Allied Health Professionals: 50€
– Corporate: 150€
This fee includes:
– Access to the programme on demand on November 4-25, 2020
– Access to the live programme
– Access to the Conference E-Book on November 4-25, 2020
– Access to the E-Poster Area from November 4-25, 2020
– Access to the Mentored E-Poster Walk
Your registration in the E-Conference will be confirmed upon receipt of your registration fee.
Test my connection